Tritone Jazz Fantasy Camps will offer a new camp
The Language & Culture Soccer Camp Experience of a Lifetime!
EduKick SOCCER CAMPS!
June 15-20, in conjunction with the International Association of Jazz Education's IAJE Jazz Summit in Park City, Utah.
Tritone's other two annual camps will be held in their traditional summer locations: Nazareth College in Rochester, NY (July 27-Aug. 1) and Bjorklunden in Baileys Harbor, WI (Aug. 10-15). This will be Tritone's eleventh consecutive summer.
Tritone camps are designed for amateur adult (over 21) musicians eager to immerse themselves in jazz for an entire week. The daily schedule includes playing time in big bands, small combos, camper concerts, and faculty-led jam sessions, as well as classes in jazz theory and instrument mastery. The camps accommodate rank beginner to semi-pro, with the emphasis on learning and fun. The average camper-to-faculty ratio is 5:1.
Tritone's faculty are professional jazz musician/educators; most hold university teaching positions. Past faculty include jazz greats Marian McPartland, Bill Charlap, Marlena Shaw, and Terell Stafford. Legendary guitarist Gene Bertoncini, a perennial camper favorite, will be featured once again at Rochester and Baileys Harbor camps this summer.
Tritone's 2008 Park City faculty includes:
- Clay Jenkins, trumpet (Eastman School
Check out EduKick Year-Long Soccer Boarding Schools in Europe!
Call toll free today to discuss at 1-866-338-5425!
, Count Basie and Clayton-Hamilton orchestras, Diana Krall)
- Steve Owen, saxes and reeds (University of Oregon, numerous IAJE compositions, arrangements)
- Dave Glenn, trombone (Whitman College, Gerry Mulligan Concert Jazz Band, Bill Watrous' Manhattan Wildlife Refuge, Diana Ross, Lou Rawls)
- Reggie Thomas, piano (Southern Illinois U at Edwardsville, Karrin Allyson, Bobby Broom, Eddie Daniels, Nicholas Payton, Clark Terry and Steve Turre)
- Jim Fox, guitar, (Frank Sinatra, Jr., Rosemary Clooney, Kenny Rankin, David Benoit, Laurindo Almeida, Woody Herman and Henry Mancini orchestras)
- Gary Hobbs, drums and percussion (University of Oregon, Stan Kenton, Anita O'Day, Suzanna McCorkle, Kurt Elling, Woody Herman Orchestra, Terry Gibbs)
- Ike Sturm, bass (Music Director for Jazz at Saint Peter's Church, Bobby McFerrin, Kenny Wheeler, Gene Bertoncini, Maria Schneider, Peter Erskine)
- Kelly Eisenhour, vocal (Brigham Young University, songwriter, soloist, co-arranger, and assistant choir director on the 2006 Grammy award winning album, Gladys Knight: One Voice)
- Fred Sturm, big band, combo, theory (Tritone co-owner, Lawrence University Conservatory of Music)
For more information, go to www.tritonejazz.com or call Bob DeRosa at 585-218-9950.