“ And I think that with our extensive diagnostic testing and positive encouragement of our staff and certified teachers, we're achieving that goal one student at a tim... ”
Report cards are being sent home to parents across the area this week. According to the Virginia Department of Education
Educational (language Immersion) Soccer Programs Worldwide!
Check out EduKick's Education & Soccer Camps!
's 2006 No Child Left Behind (NCLB) report, Mathematics scores have dropped six percent and graduation rates have dropped from 82% to 79% statewide over the past three years. Huntington Learning Center, a supplemental instruction provider, is providing a lest of 10 tell-tale signs that your child may need additional help.
Fairfax, VA (PRWEB
) February 17, 2007 -- Report cards are being sent home to parents across the area this week. For some children and parents, it's a time of anxiety, stress and frustration. According to the Virginia Department of Education's 2006 No Child Left Behind (NCLB) report, Mathematics scores have dropped six percent and graduation rates have dropped from 82% to 79% statewide over the past three years. Huntington Learning Center, a supplemental instruction provider, has been helping area children -- and their parents -- remove the fear of opening the mailbox during report card time for the past 30 years.
We specialize in one on one individualized instruction
"We specialize in one on one individualized instruction," stated Monica Goel, Owner and Director of Huntington Learning Center's Fairfax, Virginia location. "We want to help remove the fear and frustration from the learning process. And I think that with our extensive diagnostic testing and positive encouragement of our staff and certified teachers, we're achieving that goal one student at a time."
Huntington also provides the following tips for parents who may be concerned after reviewing their child's report card.
TOP 10 SIGNS YOUR CHILD NEEDS TUTORING
1) Your child's teacher or school
Check out EduKick Year-Long Soccer Boarding Schools in Europe!
Call toll free today to discuss at 1-866-338-5425!
counselor recommends it. This may happen at a parent-teacher conference. It may also occur when progress reports are issued, or at report card time.
2) Your child's grades start to fall independent of how hard he or she seems to be working, where before they were improving or holding steady.
3) No matter how long your child spends on homework, it's neither complete nor accurate. This may indicate a lack of basic skills or a weakness in a specific academic area.
4) Caught in a cycle of frustration and failure, your child shows an increasing lack of confidence and motivation.
5) Your child has lost interest in learning.
6) Your child experiences extreme anxiety before tests and exams.
7) Your child is reluctant to go to school, fearing failure and criticism from others.
8) Your child's teacher reports that he or she is acting out, becoming a behavior problem in class.
9) Your child says, "I'm too stupid. I'll never understand this stuff."
10) Your child says, "I give up." Or, worse, you hear yourself saying it.
Huntington Learning Center's proven educational services focus on customized instruction that builds reading, writing, math and study skills. The student's individualized program regimen is determined only after a comprehensive diagnostic evaluation to pinpoint each student's particular skill deficiencies. Instruction emphasizes confidence building and low student to teacher ratios in addition to academic skill building. Additional services include SAT and ACT test preparation. Students range in age from grades K-12.
About Huntington Learning Center
Founded in 1977, Huntington Learning Center is the oldest in the supplemental education category, and has been helping children succeed in school for the past 30 years. Huntington is a highly respected, accredited provider of supplemental educational services with over 300 nationwide locations. Helping students improve their academic skills, confidence, and desire for learning is its goal.
Learn a Second language & PLAY SOCCER!
EduKick Language Immersion Summer Soccer Camps Abroad...
The Language & Culture Soccer Experience of a Lifetime!
Call us toll-free today at 1-866-338-5425!
more, or find the center nearest you, please visit www.huntingtonlearningcenter.com