Choosing the right tutor can be as easy as abc.
“ Be sure your tutor understands your parental objectives as well as your student's and is skilled enough to meet the... ”
Eau Claire, WI (PRWEB
) March 27, 2007 -- According to the Education
Educational (language Immersion) Soccer Programs Worldwide!
Check out EduKick's Education & Soccer Camps!
Industry Association, the demand for tutoring has increased 15-18% in the past year, compared to single-digit growth previously. As a result, the number of tutors has also increased dramatically. Before entrusting your child's academic future to someone, it's important to make sure that person is the best qualified to meet children's needs.
Sylvan Learning Center, the leading provider of in-center and live, online tutoring at home to students of all ages and skill levels, offers easy tips for parents to use when choosing effective tutors.
1. Make sure the tutor is licensed or certified. Tutors will need the proper qualifications to assess, diagnose, and tutor your child.
2. Look for a tutor with experience teaching children the same age as your child.
3. Request an assessment. An individualized analysis of a student's strengths and weaknesses can determine a child's needs and help set goals. Also, insist on progress updates as a child passes through each step of the tutoring program.
4. Define your goals. Are you trying to keep your child from failing? Are you looking to challenge a child who is already doing well in school
Check out EduKick Year-Long Soccer Boarding Schools in Europe!
Call toll free today to discuss at 1-866-338-5425!
? "Be sure your tutor understands your parental objectives as well as your student's and is skilled enough to meet them," advised (Rebecca Rahn, Center Director).
5. Find a tutor with specific expertise in the subject of your choosing. Just because someone is a math genius, it doesn't mean he is qualified to teach other subjects.
6. Make a personality match. Determine what kind of teacher the student has excelled with previously.
7. Ask tutors how they will help your child master a specific skill. A good tutor will require that a child learn
Learn a Second language & PLAY SOCCER!
EduKick Language Immersion Summer Soccer Camps Abroad...
The Language & Culture Soccer Experience of a Lifetime!
Call us toll-free today at 1-866-338-5425!
a specific skill before advancing to the next academic level. Find a tutor who will work with parents and teachers to create an individual program.
8. Ask prospective tutors for references from previous employers and students, or hire a respected tutoring company.
9. Get recommendations for tutors from family and friends.
Learning feels good™ at Sylvan Learning Center, the leading provider of in-center and live, online tutoring at home to students of all ages and skill levels. With more than 25 years of experience and nearly 1,200 centers located throughout North America, Sylvan Learning Center has positively changed the lives of over two million students and families. Sylvan's trained and certified teachers provide personalized instruction in reading, writing, mathematics, study skills and test-prep for college entrance and state exams. At Sylvan, students develop the skills to do better in school and the confidence to do better in everything else. For more information regarding the Sylvan Advantage™, call your local Sylvan Learning Center at 1-715-858-1234 or visit Sylvan's local tutoring Web site at http://www.eauclaire.localsylvan.com