(PRLEAP.COM) Auburn, California – At the recently held Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds (ARVC) and Kampgrounds of America (KOA) Insites Convention, several California RV parks, suppliers & individuals were either honored or announced exciting developments for the industry.
• Pismo Coast Village RV Resort was awarded ARVC’s prestigious Best Park of the Year – Large Park Category. Located in Pismo Beach, CA, Pismo Coast Village provides 400 RV sites and a wide variety of recreation amenities.
• Lake Casitas Recreation Area received an Honorable Mention for Park Brochure of the Year. Located in Ventura, CA, Lake Casitas provides year round camping at its 150 site park right on Lake Casitas.
• Sally Phillips of Santa Cruz KOA was named Manager of the Year by KOA, Inc. Sally has worked for KOA, Inc. for three years. She currently sits on the California Association of RV Parks & Campground’s (CalARVC) Board of Directors and is Chair of the Convention Committee.
• Tug Miller, Past Executive Director of CalARVC, was presented with a Chairman’s Award for his 20 year commitment to representing the campground industry on the ANSI (NFPA) Standards Committee.
• CalARVC was awarded ARVC’s largest increase in members by an affiliated state.
• California’s own Bob MacKinnon of GuestRated.com launched a new Guest Review survey for all ARVC members. This park improvement tool will allow RVers to rate parks by visiting GoCampingAmerica.com.
• California was named the top performer in reservation sales with almost $1.3 million dollars booked through Friend Communications’ online reservation tool.
• California based Friend Communications announced a new alliance with global distribution systems to bring RV & camping travel options to major online travel providers like Expedia and Orbitz.
California Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds (CalARVC) along with individuals and suppliers located in California continue to stay abreast of the industry and help to drive the professionalism of the industry throughout the country.
About California Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds
CalARVC (formerly California Travel Parks Association) is the trade association representing RV parks and campgrounds throughout California. Headquartered in Auburn, CalARVC has been educating, promoting & lobbying on behalf of its members since 1975. A complete listing of RV park & campground members can be found at www.Camp-California.com